Yoga Benefits For Women
Your Friendly Guide To Yoga Benefits For Women
List Price: $ 22.95
Price: $ 22.95
I started taking a yoga class with some ladies from work and we’ve all enjoyed it very much. Since we only have class once a week we were all looking for something to keep us going the rest of the week. I happened to find this Yoga Deck and I love it!! I took it to work and one of the ladies went and bought it at lunch time, the others are looking for their copies.
This is not actually a book, it’s a deck of yoga cards. There are cards focusing on meditations, breathing and of course, yoga poses. Each yoga card shows a pose, explains how to do the pose, gives a mantra to say if you’d like and then explains what the pose will do for you and your body.
What I like most about this deck is that you can follow the pre-made routines, targeting different focuses in your life (such as stress relief, muscle flexibility, etc.) or you can make up your own routines.
This is a great deck for anyone interested in learning yoga, as well as for those who just want to learn more about yoga.
Was this review helpful to you?
“At least 5,000 years old, yoga literally means union of body and mind. It has been used throughout the centuries to promote and maintain physical and mental health, flexibility, and youthfulness.” – From the Yoga Deck
There are literally thousands of yoga postures from a variety of traditions. One of these traditions-Hatha yoga-strives to balance mind, body and spirit by combining physical poses (asanas), breathing (pranayama) and meditation (dhyana). The Yoga Deck is 50 cards designed to promote health and well-being using each of these practices.
Clearly illustrated, The Yoga Deck contains:
* Six Breath Cards – Offering simple yet powerful ways to use your breath to decrease tension, increase energy, and promote physical and mental health. The Alternative Nostril Breath and Sufi Mother’s Breath are two such breathing exercises.
* Six Meditation Cards – Each features a lotus flower, the symbol of simplicity and perfection, and focuses on a philosophical aspect of yoga or a spiritual idea. Heart Meditation and Meditation of Intent are two examples of these types of cards.
* Five Warm-Up Cards – These offer bulleted instructions, listing of benefits, and instructional illustrations. Knee Hug, Shrugs and Circles, and Cat and Dog Stretch are three such warm-ups.
* Thirty-two Posture Cards – The front of each Posture Card features an illustration of the pose while the reverse side describes how to do the pose and lists the benefits. An affirmation to complement each pose is also offered. A few poses include Proud Warrior, Yoga Mudra, Mountain, Half Moon, Cobra, Bridge, and Fish.
* One OM card – Included for use before and/or after your session.
A 4-part fold-out accompanies the deck and serves as an introduction to yoga-including an explanation of how it works-as well as an instruction manual for getting the most out of the cards and exercises. Colored with tones of dark blue-green, gold, white, and a very pale shade of blue, the cards measure approximately 5.5 x 3.75 inches. The top comes off the sturdy box quite easily-providing easy access to the deck-and the box can stand upright.
Practical and instructional, The Yoga Deck is a great tool for Yoga enthusiasts, aiding in progressing along the path of well-being, emotional balance, and spiritual growth. Detailed instructions and pose illustrations allows even those new to Yoga to benefit from this ancient practice.
(To see 6 images from this deck, visit the Reviews–Decks section at JanetBoyer.com)
This is a great introduction to Yoga, and the deck format is a good approach for this subject. It easily allows you to pick and lay out a routine, or divide positions and meditations into sets. It’s also ideal for travel and work with groups.
The graphics and instructions are clear and simple, but what I most enjoyed about this deck is that each card clearly labels the benefits of each position, as well as precautions to take for certain medical conditions. These features have not been as adequate, if present at all, in other volumes I have perused.
Overall, I’m very happy with this deck, and much more interested in Yoga than I was before I bought this.
Return to top of page
Copyright © 2017 YogaBenefitsForWomen.com · Designed And Created By ReadyPressFolio.com