Burn Fat and Lose Weight in 5 Simple Steps
It is currently estimated that more than half of the American population is overweight…but the thought of total food deprivation makes many Americans steer clear of dieting. As a result, the majority of people fail to develop a positive lifestyle to minimize weight gain and maximize their overall well-being.
However, complete food deprivation is not the solution to burning fat and shedding excess pounds. While sensible calorie reduction and choosing healthy food options is a great start, here are 5 ways to burn fat and lose weight without starvation:
1. Engage in aerobic exercise. Experts agree that the best way to burn fat is to include a minimum of three aerobic workouts in your weekly fitness routine. Aerobic exercise, also called cardiovascular exercise, promotes good heart health while working major muscles in a rhythmic manner. Cardiovascular workouts should be at least 20 to 30 minutes long and get your heart rate to 60 to 90 percent of its maximum. Aerobic exercise includes walking, jogging, swimming and bicycling.
2. Establish a strength training routine. Almost all the burning of body fat takes place inside your muscle tissue. Logically speaking, the more muscle you have, the more fat you will burn. By performing strength training exercises, whether through resistance or lifting weights, you will tone and strengthen your muscles to burn more fat.
3. Include flexibility exercises in your workout. Stretching exercises help to improve your balance and speed while minimizing soreness or injury from the more rigorous parts of your workout routine. Including flexibility exercises such as yoga can increase the effectiveness of your workout routine and help you to become more lean.
4. Live a balanced lifestyle. Include eating, sleeping and resting in your daily routine. By failing to eat or sleep, you are sabotaging your own workout routine by becoming exhausted. Make sure to get at least 7 hours of sleep every night and rest for 48 hours between full body training workouts. If you over train your body, it actually causes a breakdown to occur that leads to both a loss of muscle mass and less fat burned.
5. Reduce your stress level. By reducing stress, you can alleviate many health problems. When you are stressed out, your body releases dangerously high levels of the hormone cortisol, which is naturally produced in the body by the adrenal glands. Cortisol has an impact on your blood pressure, the breakdown of muscle protein and may release amino acids into your blood as well as raise the blood sugar levels in your body. Meditation is an excellent way to reduce stress and even raise DHEA (an anti-aging hormone) levels in your body.
Lastly, if you’re looking for a proven program to help you lose weight, I highly recommend Strip That Fat It gives you both a weight loss guide as well as a diet generator that tells you exactly what to eat to lose weight based on foods you like.